California’s Business Litigation Experts
Business litigation is a play of numbers, and the damages, value, financial analysis and appraisal that comprise these numbers are what you need to prove your case. The expert you choose to represent your business in court could make or break your case, so it’s important to engage a legal counsel who knows the rules of the game.
What sets Associates apart is that our attorneys enter a litigation dispute with the attitude: “when you must litigate, you must win”. So if your company has decided to litigate a matter, work with our team of experts who understand the risks and associated costs of litigation, and who will fight tirelessly for your interests in court, and win.
Business Litigation Explained
Business disputes arise. That’s a fact of doing business. It’s when these disputes can’t be resolved through negotiation or arbitration proceedings that business litigation comes in.
Business litigation is an area of legal practice that can be used to remedy a business dispute. These business disputes can arise from a number of sources including:
- Finances and Investments: If you suffer excessive financial loss due in part to unethical behavior by a financial broker.
- Intellectual Property: Any patent, trademark or copyright infringement.
- Breach of Fiduciary Duty: When a member breaches his duty to operate in good faith and loyalty.
- Insurance Disputes: When an insurance company attempts to avoid fully paying a legitimate claim, or if a fair claim is undervalued or declined.
Of course, resolution of a business dispute without business litigation measures will always be preferable for everyone involved. But for those cases where that just isn’t possible, our professional attorneys can be invaluable in protecting your rights and your company’s business interests.
A Proven Record of Service to Our Clients
Identifying risks and avoiding business litigation whenever possible is paramount to our team of dedicated attorneys. Instead, we use negotiation, alternative dispute resolution, and other proven legal practices to attain a winning result out of the courtroom. If such measures do not prove fruitful, we will be prepared to go to court to aggressively represent your business interests.
We’ve handled varied and complex disputes for our clients in areas such as:
- Mortgage and securities fraud
- Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA) disputes
- Fiduciary and shareholder litigation
- Corporate control contests
- Contract disputes
- Insurance disputes
- Class actions
- Internal and governmental investigations
- White collar criminal issues
- Representing clients in antitrust and competition cases
- Assisting clients seeking to protect their patent, trademark, copyright and other intellectual property rights.
If you’re considering taking legal action for business litigation, then contact us to book an appointment before you proceed any further. It could be the difference between winning, and losing your case.